Long Distance Moving Guide: How to Seek Adventure and Make New Friends
Your family will enjoy a world of adventure when long distance moving to Kelowna.
Moving to a new community can be tough on all members of your family. Finding ways to get to know your new community as well as for your kids to fit in and make new friends can be a difficult experience. Whether you are relocating to the all-season playground that is Kelowna or are moving to another community within BC or Canada, use our 2019 long-distance moving guide to seek out adventures and possibilities in your new neighbourhood.
Welcome to Kelowna
One of the fastest-growing cities and regions in BC and Canada, Kelowna is a great place to start a family, relocate for work or retire. That’s because the city offers plenty of things to do for all walks of life.
Those who require Bekins Kelowna moving services to relocate to this Central Okanagan city will be able to enjoy all these activities and amenities:
- Eating and imbibing: This is wine and fruit country after all. With more than 100 wineries, farms, micro-breweries and agri-tourism operations around the Okanagan, you will never be far away from being able to serve fresh produce and more on your dinner table every night.
- Swimming, paddling and boating: With a wide range of beaches and lakeside parks, your family will always have something to do. You can also go skating or ice fishing on smaller lakes in winter.
- Nature: From provincial and regional parks to mountain hikes and lakeside trails, you will see nature in all its glory both within and outside the city limits.
- Urban life: A smaller city with less congestion and noise, Kelowna has all the amenities you could ask for, with a wide range of shops, restaurants and cultural activities.
- Even more recreational activities: From world-class mountain biking to skiing at Big White Resort, to golfing, snowmobiling, zip-lining, paragliding, rock climbing and everything else under the sun, Kelowna has everything for the extreme athlete or casual recreationalist in your family.
- Relaxing: Whether it’s a backyard barbecue or day at the park, Kelowna offers a chill and friendly environment perfect for relaxing with family or with newfound friends. Make sure to hire hot tub movers to move your outdoor spa so you can gaze at those killer sunsets and clear night winter skies from your very own piece of paradise. You may even get a rare glimpse of the Aurora Borealis.
Seeking New Pastures
Whatever your reason is for needing long distance movers in Canada, our household movers can help you and your family integrate into your new area with some helpful moving tips that will help you make new friends and get to know your community better.
- Introducing yourself and your kids to your new neighbours
- Paying a visit to your local tourism office or visitor’s centre to learn more about things to do in the area
- Hosting a housewarming party
- Volunteering at your child’s school or getting involved with a community or recreational organization
- Joining a local online/social medium forums
- Reading the local newspaper to find out what’s happening in your community
- Attending local events
Will you be requiring Kamloops movers? Read our blog on How to Check up on the Moving Companies Kamloops Residents Trust.
With six branches within the province, Bekins has the expertise and resources to provide long-distance moving and storage services BC residents can count on. Our moving company is also affiliated with United Van Lines, which offers a network of more than 150 professional long-distance moving companies around Canada. Contact us for free moving quotes.