Guide to Hiring Moving Trucks vs. Moving Companies
When moving, it helps to leave the heavy lifting and driving to an experienced moving company.
As most people know, there are a few ways you can move house. You can DIY it by packing, lifting, and hauling all your worldly goods via a rented moving truck, or you can hire a moving company in Kelowna to do all the heavy lifting, driving, and even packing for you. So which is better? It really depends on how much time, energy, and knowledge you have.
Weigh your options by reading our guide to hiring moving trucks versus moving companies.
What's Involved When Hiring a Moving Truck?
Some people don’t consider everything that is involved when hiring a moving truck. It takes careful planning and usually requires help from others. Before you book your truck, answer the following questions:
- Is a truck available on the day I want to move?
- Do I need insurance and a special license to drive a moving truck?
- Will someone be helping me pack and lift heavy and large objects on my moving day?
- Will I need to make special allowances (overnight stays, stops) if moving long distances?
- How will I get my vehicle to my new home?
- Is there a time limit on when I need to return the truck?
- Where will I need to deposit the truck after I am done moving?
- How much money will it cost to hire a moving truck?
Why Should I Hire Movers?
If the answer to any of the questions above poses a dilemma, you may want to look at the alternative.
Hiring a reputable moving company to handle the lifting and driving offers these pros:
- You will save time, as your movers can handle the paperwork, packing, pick-up, transportation, and delivery of your goods, so you can carry on with the other things you need to do.
- You will not have to worry about picking up a truck as your movers will come to your door.
- You will not have to coax friends and family to help you move.
- You will save your back, as experienced movers will do all the heavy lifting for you using specialized equipment to keep your items safe.
- You will be able to attain insurance that your goods will be delivered in one piece or receive compensation for anything damaged.
- You will not have to worry about driving a large truck on your own.
- You will have experienced movers who know how to navigate highways and byways, helping long-distance moving.
- You will receive a thorough estimate and know the costs before you move.
For more moving tips, read How to Stay Organized During the Holidays.
Are you looking for fully accredited movers in the Okanagan? Bekins Kelowna is one of six Bekins moving companies in BC and a member of the United Van Lines that offer local, regional, and long-distance moving services to wherever you need to go.
Contact us for a free estimate and learn more about our packing, moving, and storage services.