Long Distance Moving Tips: What to Look for When Relocating Your Business
Posted on December 14, 2017
Back injuries are common to those lifting heavy items. Avoid the risk by hiring professional house movers.
Relocating or expanding your business to or from Kelowna may sound daunting, but there are ways you can lessen the burden by hiring a commercial and long distance moving company to help you with the logistics. An accredited Kelowna moving company with a provincial and national reputation for handling business relocations needs to operate like a well-oiled machine, so that your office equipment, stock, personal and specialty items arrive on time, within budget, and all in one piece.
Make sure your movers are up to the task
Just like your business, movers need to be organized. They can’t just show up and start packing boxes and moving them haphazardly. They need to back up their words and have systems in place so that your items are protected and end up where they need to be. When looking for a moving company, see that it offers:
- A solid business background and reputation
- A business licence
- Fair estimates that don’t undercut costs
- Insurance packages (assessed and full value protection)
- Secure moving facilities (including large enough vehicles/trucks and storage)
- Their own professional staff
- Accredited national or provincial affiliates
See that your business movers are willing to work with your workforce
An office relocation doesn’t just mean moving items from one place to another, it also means relocating your employees. Finding the kind of movers Kelowna business owners can trust to make their long-distance transition a smooth one is important. Movers should work with you, your HR department, and your employees to make sure everyone’s needs are being met. This includes:
- Packaging all items efficiently
- Handling personal effects with care
- Being discrete with any sensitive documents or materials
- Providing extra security where needed
- Installing equipment
Find commercial movers that have all the right stuff
Before you book, find out if your Kelowna movers and their long distance affiliates offer:
- Content packing and unpacking
- Secure commercial storage, warehousing facility
- Speciality equipment such as crane trucks
Also, make sure your movers can handle heavy and large items, including:
- Office furniture such as conference tables, large filing cabinets
- Water coolers, coffee and vending machines
- Industrial or restaurant equipment
- Fixtures such as lighting and electrical equipment
To see how your business can get organized for a long distance move, read our Business Moving Tips from Long Distance Movers Canada Companies Trust.
Bekins Kelowna Moving and Storage is the commercial and long distance moving company Kelowna and the Okanagan trusts to pack, pick-up, store, deliver and install their equipment and furniture on time and within budget. We work with our own staff of 25 professional movers and packers as well with our long distance affiliate, United Van Lines, to make sure your office or business relocation goes as smoothly as possible.