Long Distance Moving
Wherever you’re headed—across Canada, to the United States or overseas: We have the professional long distance movers, consultants, and equipment to take care of your possessions and deliver them safely to your new home.
Do you have a gas stove, a vintage Corvette or a high-end pool table you’re taking with you? We’ll arrange the assembly and disassembly of your most delicate and treasured items so you know they’re taken care of here and there.
Our professional movers always treat your items with the utmost care; however, sometimes incidents happen during moves that may damage your items. To ensure your possessions are protected no matter what, we offer a choice of both released value and replacement value protection, and our moving consultants take the time to ensure you understand your transit protection options.
Moving with Containers
For long-distance moving outside BC, we offer a container service that allows you to transport and temporarily store your items for the ultimate peace of mind and protection.
Our containers are:
- Available in a range of sizes
- Clean, secure, weatherproof and rodent-proof
- Allow you to separate possessions and seal each container yourself
- Convenient if you need short-term (30-90 day) storage
- Best choice if you’d like to sit back and relax.
- We do it all– our trained and uniformed professional Kelowna movers pick up, transport, and deliver your goods.
- Same-day pickup service available with 1-day to 2-week delivery depending on location
- More than 30 pieces of moving equipment included
- Content packing and unpacking services available at cost. Packing materials included.
- Long or short-term residential storage solutions available at Bekins Kelowna warehouse
- Delivery available anywhere across Canada, the US, and overseas through Bekins Kelowna affiliate United Van Lines
- Released Value Protection coverage included with all full-service moves (Replacement Value also available at a cost)
- Best choice if you have the time and ability, or would like to pack things over days or weeks into a portable container.
- Fill a container yourself– our Kelowna movers deliver 20 ft. moving and storage container to you property and pick up when you are ready to move
- Pack, store, and move belongings in your own time with monthly container rental
- Moving equipment available to rent
- Packing materials available to rent or purchase
- Container storage available in Bekins Kelowna secure warehouse
- Ship your container anywhere across Canada, the US and overseas through Bekins Kelowna affiliate United Van Lines
Frequently asked questions about long distance moving
Is your question not listed here? Go to all FAQs or start a live chat.
What is the first step I should take before booking my long-distance movers?
We recommend that you contact our Kelowna moving company online or phone us at 1-877-225-5912 to book a free estimate for our long-distance moving services. We will need to know your moving date and your pick-up address and drop-off address, along with the size of your move.
How do you calculate the price of a long-distance move?
Bekins Kelowna moving service prices are based on the weight of your goods and the services requested.
What type of content protection coverage do you provide?
We have multiple options for contents insurance. You can cover your goods to a minimum value of $0.60 per pound per article with our Release Value Protection option at no additional cost. Or, for an additional cost, you can purchase our Replacement Value Protection option.
How can I help protect my fragile items from potential breakage during my long-distance move?
While you are welcome to pack these items yourself, we recommend that you use our professional packers and movers to ensure treasured and breakable items such as glass, china, artwork, antiques, lamps, etc. remain safe during transport. We also offer a wood crating service to ensure the safety of high-value items shipped long distances, including overseas.
I have two vehicles. Can you transport one of my cars to my new location?
Yes, we’re one of the only Kelowna moving companies that coordinate vehicle transportation for long-distance moves.
Can your Kelowna movers disassemble and disassemble my furniture?
Yes, both our professional Bekins Kelowna movers and packers can do basic disassembly and basic assembly of furniture pieces such as beds, desks, and tables. We usually don't take apart items such as bedside tables or dressers, as they typically fit onto our truck in one piece. We also do not disassemble cribs or change tables.
My move-out and move-in dates don’t correlate. Can you store my belongings in the interim?
Yes, we offer long-term and short-term residential storage and commercial storage services at our secure and climate-controlled indoor warehouse in Kelowna. We also supply on-site container storage services.
Do you offer shipping containers for overseas moves?
Yes, our rodent and weatherproof international shipping containers come in various sizes and are packed, padded, and sealed to transport your goods overseas safely.